Yoga Alliance 85-hour Prenatal Yoga Registered Training
with Beth Kruger
The Women’s Room Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training (YTT) Program prepares yoga teachers to teach today’s health conscious and active expecting mamas.
This 85-hour training program combines childbirth education with yoga, providing women the tools they need for an empowering pregnancy and labor. Women’s Room Prenatal YTT encourages women to become advocates for themselves, for their birth experiences, and for their babies. The teacher-training program is grounded in research of best practices for pregnancy, labor, and birth.
Explore how yoga can relieve common discomforts of pregnancy, help with pain management during labor, and accelerate recovery after birth. Delve into the culture of birth and learn how to weave concepts of childbirth education into prenatal yoga classes.
The 85 hours of training includes in-person instruction, observation of ten Women’s Room prenatal yoga classes taught by Beth, practice teaching, two private mentoring sessions, and self-study reading and writing assignments.
In-person instruction will take place as weekend workshops of nine hours each over the course of two separate modules. The weekend workshops will explore in detail the intricacies of teaching to a population of childbearing women.
Teachers must attend all classes in both modules and complete all observation hours by the end of the training to receive a certificate of completion.
You will learn:
- Anatomy and Physiology of Pregnancy, Childbirth, and Postnatal.
- Beneficial and Contraindicated Postures for Pregnancy.
- How to Structure a Prenatal Yoga Class.
- How to Adapt Yoga Postures for Each Trimester.
- How to teach the best Targeted Exercises for Pregnancy.
- Introduction to Advocacy and the Culture of Birth.
- Structuring a Class and Advanced Sequencing.
- Exploring the Culture of Childbirth.
- Teaching Yoga for Labor and Childbirth.
- The Art of Teaching Adults.
- How to create and nurture an open, supportive community for mothers, babies and their partners.
- Teaching to the Subtle Body and Exploring the Mind-Body Connection.
This Training is For:
- 200-hour/500-hour Yoga Teachers.
- Current 200-hour/500-hour Yoga Teacher Trainees seeking an emphasis on prenatal and postpartum care.
- Experienced yoga students (with permission from Beth).
- Birth Professionals (childbirth educators, doulas, midwives, nurses, OB/GYN’s) interested in learning how yoga can benefit their clients and how to add yoga into their care plan.